Partner Mallette actuaires inc.
President of Mallette actuaires inc. and ex-officio managing partner of the Québec–Mauricie region of Mallette S.E.N.C.R.L., Robert Fortier is a trained actuary belonging to the Society of Actuaries, the Canadian Institute of Actuaries and the Chambre de la sécurité financière.
With over 30 years’ experience as a consultant in group insurance and pension plans, first within a Quebec insurance company, later in the Quebec civil service and finally in various consulting firms, he has presided over different group insurance joint committees in the Quebec public sector. Mr. Fortier also sits on various committees for pension plans that protect employees in the Quebec civil service (RRE, CSSP, RREGOP). He steered the working group of the Association des compagnies d’assurance de personnes à charte québécoise during the implementation of Quebec’s compulsory basic prescription drug insurance plan and for several years served on the board of the Québec Pension Board. Mr. Fortier is also involved as a volounter for United Way, various swimming and ski clubs.
Role in the firm
- Board member
- Head of the communications committee
- Member of the business development committee
- Managing partner of the Québec–Mauricie region
- Member of the Québec–Mauricie regional management committee
- Managing partner of Advisory Services
- Community involvement
- Skibec alpin : Race coordinator supervisor
- Club de ski Mont Sainte-Anne : Volunteer
- United Way Québec et Chaudière-Appalaches: 2013–2014 chairman of the board (campaign co-chair in 2008)
- Club de Natation de Sainte-Foy : Volunteer
- Rouge et Or swimming club : Board member
- Bénévoles d’expertises : Founding president
Professional and business involvement
- Member of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec